From the first moment water enters a brand new septic tank, a process begins. Water, solids, grease, paper products, etc. all enter a septic tank and will eventually either break down into a liquid sludge that passes through the baffle in the tank and then into the septic drainfield. OR…if something is preventing the waste from breaking down properly (like certain medications, excess food waste, bleach or other anti-bacterial cleaners, baby wipes, plastics or other products), much of the contents will build up and need to be pumped out much sooner than normal.
To assist in breaking down the contents of the septic tank, and improve the health of the septic system overall, Keith Lentz recommends Bio-Tab®.
Bio-Tab®’s carefully constructed tablet sinks to the bottom of your septic tank where build-up problems begin. While powders and liquids can wash over the surface with little effect, Bio-Tab®’s composition of enzymes and bacteria allows it to gradually dissolve to create a growing area of activity at the bottom of the tank that digests and liquefies organic waste.
- When Bio-Tab® is first added to the septic system, the tablet sinks to the bottom of the tank where there is little to no oxygen. This is where the anaerobic bacteria work best – in the absence of oxygen. Here they dissolve the solids and sludge. The liquid then passes into the drain field to be absorbed into the ground.
- Once in the drain field, liquid waste is exposed to the air where aerobic bacteria, which works in the presence of oxygen, can continue the breakdown process. This allows the natural filter action of the surrounding ground to remain unclogged in order to naturally absorb and purify the waste.
- Because Bio-Tab® is able to establish itself by working from the inside out, using it will aid and support the natural digestion of waste, helping your septic system to successfully complete its role and maintain good working condition.
- Composed by organisms deemed safe by the EPA, Bio-Tab® is non-toxic to humans and animals. It is a non-corrosive and non-poisonous product that will not harm plumbing or septic systems.
- The Bio-Tab® concept has been designed with you in mind. The combination of tablet form and technologically advanced chemistry assures you of consistent product performance and dosage. These concentrated, time release tablets allow you to easily treat your septic system once per month without the inconvenience of messy liquids or dusty powders.
- Produced by Century Chemical Corporation, Lentz Septic Tank Service is proud to be an authorized distributor of Bio-Tab®.